Saturday, May 25, 2019

The Last Thread by Ray Britain

Ray Britain has had an extensive career in the police force and has now written his first crime novel which he has self published.

It’s well worth a read and I really felt that Ray put his experience from when he was in the police into the book which made it really interesting and quite dark at times.

Here’s my review 

The first novel by author Ray Britain. 
A crime story following DCI Stirling and his team. I liked Stirling  and loved the fact he is quite a complex character that has lots about him and I enjoyed the relationships between him and his other characters. There were a lot of characters in the book and I had to make sure I remembered them all.
The book is very detailed in the way it follows the investigations and you can tell that the author has had a career in the police force. I would say it’s more real life policing than other crime books which is interesting but makes it slightly slower paced.
The book is very gritty and kept me guessing what was going to happen next. Great twists and turns.
Really enjoyed it and would highly recommend certainly looking forward to read about Stirling and his team again.

No comments:

Post a Comment